2 front studs on stock?

I do, really helps when you have a bi-pod, usually the bi pod digs into my shoulder, not anymore haha.

I use a stud for the bipod and a flush cup behind it for the sling. Remember to put the rear stud or cup farther to the rear if you plan on adding a Podlock to the bipod.

I got an A-5 for a friend.....you could not use both studs. i planned on using the front stud for the bipod and the second one for the sling. NO-GO. Maybe I need to try a differant bipod. I have a Harris with the swival. It does not rotate L-R, but side to side for un-even ground. I ended up using the sling attachment on the bipod.

Does a strait, no frills Harris work?

I got an A-5 for a friend.....you could not use both studs. i planned on using the front stud for the bipod and the second one for the sling. NO-GO. Maybe I need to try a differant bipod. I have a Harris with the swival. It does not rotate L-R, but side to side for un-even ground. I ended up using the sling attachment on the bipod.

Does a strait, no frills Harris work?

I have a Harris pivot as well, so will this not work with two front studs? I need to tell Manners what setup i need to i can use my Harris bipod. Should i go standard stud up front then a couple flush cups for sling?

Last edited:
I also have a side to side pivot harris and mine works with a sling with 2 studs up front, just have your stock builder put one stud and add another yourself in the roper spacing.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.