#2 from Virginia and done

HighKnob

Got my second bird in Va. a couple weeks ago. Also my seasons in Va and Tn are over. It's been a great year for me. Tried this bird 3 days in a row. Spooked him on the roost both morning as best I could tell. Third morning, finally got to work him. Never roosted in the same place twice, but on the same ridge. Set up about 150 yds from him in an old trail. He seems to be excited on the roost and only heard one hen. Thought sure he'd come up that trial since he was about level with it on the roost. Not so, came in above me on the steep ground and at about 60 yds. He found a little level spot and drummed and spit and strutted for I know a half hour with me pinned down and couldn't move. He finally was giving up and starting back to where he came from but this time he came a bit to close, probably 40 yds and the little 870 20 ga. rolled him. My first triple beard bird!

2010TurkeySeason022.jpg

Mostly a pic of my cabin in Va. in the background.

2010TurkeySeason024.jpg

Congratulations. Good looking bird, good story and what looks to be a pretty neat cozy cabin. Thanks for sharing.

Nice Turkey!
I've never taken one. Hopefully one day though.

What part of TN you from? I'm currently in Chuckey /Greene Co.

Greetings,

I am new to the forums just this evening. I was looking around and found your post.

Nice going on the turkey.

I also noticed the name High Knob. That has me to wondering if it's the same High Knob I know, in Wise, Co. Virginia? Just curious. I'm not far from there if it is the same.

David

It's always nice to meet someone close to home. I live on Sandy Ridge about 7 miles out of Coeburn. Maybe one of these times we can get together and sit on the porch and spin a few yarns.

It's always nice to meet someone close to home. I live on Sandy Ridge about 7 miles out of Coeburn. Maybe one of these times we can get together and sit on the porch and spin a few yarns.

Wow, I would like to have the yarn you guys spinn, my wife could knit me a nice camo vest. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.