2 days of hunting

bigry26

My buddy and I went out out friday morning and got these 2 black tail. They were about 200 yards out. We were both shooting tikka 270wsm. I got this big black bear last night about an hour before dark. He was 510 yards shot with my 338 lapua. He measures 6'3" and was in the 400# neighborhood

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 71
  • bear.jpg
    bear.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 50
those are some NICE blacktails! congrats! love the Tikka .270wsm's too, I have a laminate stainless T3 .270wsm. Hoping to bust another blacktail myself, before the season ends.

Pounded the coast range of central California when I was young hunting Blacktail and 4 pointers were rare. I have 3. The one on the right with the cheater would have been considered a really good buck even back in those days.

Good goin nice bucks both!

Nice! I have limited knowledge on blacktails, but from what I've seen those are pretty dandy!
That black bear looks like he was coughin a lot of blood. Lungs? What bullet and bullet performance?

yes it was a lung shot. I am shootin 300 grain bergers at 2720 fps. The bullet was a strait thru devastating shot. I am very pleased with the performance of them. The deer I am happy with also I have one that is bigger than these. Deer of this size are few and far between.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.