2'' BAT

Pat B.

2\'\' BAT

The 2" BAT looks very appealing.. I talked to McMillin and the Tooley MBR won't take an action over 1.6" in diameter.
What stock could be used with this action.

Would the 8.5"x1.55" BAT offer enough bedding surface and rigidity for a 1.25 or 1.35 barrel, say 30+ inches long? I haven't spoken to the folks at BAT yet.

Re: 2\'\' BAT

Pat B.

You have to jump up to the 50 BMG class of stocks for the BAT 2" receiver. Those being the big mac, 50LBR and 50HBR. I think there is a tactical stock choice as well.

The BAT model M(1.55"x8.5") will handle a 1.25 to 1.35" diameter barrel with a 30" finish length. Remember that the REM 700 is only 1.350" in diameter and it will nearly handle a 30" 1.250" diameter barrel at 30".

The BAT receiver being a full 0.200" larger in diameter will certainly handle it. Past 30" I would ask Bruce at BAT on that one.

I asked him if his 2"x10" would handle a 40" long 1.750" diameter barrel freefloated. He said yes and even though I had some serious questioning going on in my mind the rifle proved him correct and that receiver handled the barrel fine. Well, so far 7.5" groups at 1500 yards fine anyway!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.