2.9 Miles of Deer with 338 Edges

Crikey...............4 seconds of flight time...............

Fair dinkum that is the ducks nuts........Well done.

WOW!!! Congrats on your hunts - nice buck in the pic.

BTW, that is some *serious* shooting. It certainly inspires some intense range/trigger time - not to mention a big, accurate stick!!!

OK, i gotta know. What is an Edge +P?!?

A 338 Edge is already pretty hot, but a +P version? Honestly - that's gotta be a true "Lightning Rod" through and through!!!

EDIT: Add emphasis and spelling adj's

I'll have to admit the +P has got my curiousity going as well, can't wait for vol. 2 to come out congrats to all of you guys very nice shooting.

Nathan

Thats incredible!!

Shawn, on the 1931 yard shot. You said you ranged a rock in evening light. May I ask what rangefinder and how big was the rock? Was the rf on a bipod and if so what bipod?

Thank you for any help here.

Jeff

Thats incredible!!

Shawn, on the 1931 yard shot. You said you ranged a rock in evening light. May I ask what rangefinder and how big was the rock? Was the rf on a bipod and if so what bipod?

Jeff

Jeff,

I admire your perseverance, keep it up and keep us posted. Thanks.

Ed

Thats incredible!!

Jeff

I bet it was a SWAROVSKI way to go shawn.

To answer a couple of questions...

#1 The range finder was a survey insturment we have been trying out. The Swaro is a great unit but the beamn width at that distance would cover about 8 feet. This can lead to more than enough variance to cause a miss or worse a bad hit. The survey laser has a bean width at 2000 yards of about 18 inches making for more reliable readings. More on the range finder after we test it some more.

#2 The 338 Edge +P, I have been working on this for a while now and was reluctant to even mention it. It is in test phases and I am working the patent process on it. I can only say this, we are getting 2950-3040fps with H1000 and a 30" barrel. There has also seems to be a slight increase in accuracy although this would take several more rifles to prove and I am not going to claim that yet. Please don't start calling about it, I will have a complete info release here when we are done and ready.

Thanks for the complements. The 1935 shot was a very unique situation that allowed for that to happen. It was one of those deals where everything just fell into line. I was glad to get it all on video. We hope to be able to release SI V2 in late January.

To answer a couple of questions...

#1 The range finder was a survey insturment we have been trying out. The Swaro is a great unit but the beamn width at that distance would cover about 8 feet. This can lead to more than enough variance to cause a miss or worse a bad hit. The survey laser has a bean width at 2000 yards of about 18 inches making for more reliable readings. More on the range finder after we test it some more.

Shawn, Thank You!!!!! I am glad that someone is addressing the short commings of the units we are using. I have been fighting the large beams for over a year now. PLEASE let me know if you come up with a unit you will be selling.

Keep up the awesome work!!

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts