.2-.3 100 yard cold bore challenge

only had one day to shoot before the range was closing and a gusting crosswind made it tough . Results were kind of backwards from what I expected.
1585764011478.jpeg

OK, this is a new build and these are the first 5 shots ever taken at 100 yards. I just loaded several rounds up to just get a feel for it and I really like what I am seeing. The build is a 300WSM, 26" Preferred Barrel, 5R, Sendero contour, Timney, Magpul stock, Bushnell Forge which is looking better than I expected with zero stop. The "test" load was 61.0 RL16, 190 gr Speer Impact, 0.025 off that was 2850 fps. Sometimes you just want to see the potential and I believe this rifle will become a decent shooter once I get into load development. So here it is not only a "cold" bore challenge but new barrel will it shoot looksee. What I did see right away was my level control was off! Interesting these were the first 5 shots I have taken in the new 100 yard range I build few days ago as well.
IMG_2304.JPG
IMG_2303.JPG

OK, this is a new build and these are the first 5 shots ever taken at 100 yards. I just loaded several rounds up to just get a feel for it and I really like what I am seeing. The build is a 300WSM, 26" Preferred Barrel, 5R, Sendero contour, Timney, Magpul stock, Bushnell Forge which is looking better than I expected with zero stop. The "test" load was 61.0 RL16, 190 gr Speer Impact, 0.025 off that was 2850 fps. Sometimes you just want to see the potential and I believe this rifle will become a decent shooter once I get into load development. So here it is not only a "cold" bore challenge but new barrel will it shoot looksee. What I did see right away was my level control was off! Interesting these were the first 5 shots I have taken in the new 100 yard range I build few days ago as well. View attachment 184900View attachment 184896
Muddy, that's a great group considering your shooting from a plastic table.

Yeah, table and some old bench stuff from pole barn. Didn't take the time to get out the bags etc. This is my 3rd barrel from them and all have shot extremely well. Nicely finished, clean like a dream. I am really excited to see what it can do once I get some decent loads identified. My plan is to get 180-200 gr something to work really good. The Speer 190 is looking it may be a winner.

You obviously are not drinking coffee in an IV like I am right now! That is one heck of group that I would be considering to frame for den! You are giving me something to "shoot" for.... OUCH how bad was that pun?

With my normal range shut down for who knows how long...I'm going to have to go to plan "B". Buddy lives on family land...200 acres...I need to give him a call...