.2-.3 100 yard cold bore challenge

Sometimes you get better results tweaking the form factor. Whats your speed n load details. Inquisitive idiots want to know:cool:
I'm using applied...I didn't see a 4dof profile for the TMK(edit not smk)? I dropped my muzzle velocity 20fps to 2410, using a g7 of .3
I'm still using the same box of bullets and that g7 worked into subsonic. When I get a chance I should double check my curve, not that assumptions got the best of me lol.
Normally I like to scatter targets out and tweak my bc and mv until I know it's true.
On my 6.5 and the 143 eldx I adjusted to the 4dof form factor to 1.02 really brought everything in line, but I had to adjust my latest lot of 143s up to .314g7 too.
I do think the 4dof is a touch more accurate of a model than the g7 model

Last edited:
Great to know pretty awesome shooting too!
I'm using applied...I didn't see a 4dof profile for the TMK(edit not smk)? I dropped my muzzle velocity 20fps to 2410, using a g7 of .3
I'm still using the same box of bullets and that g7 worked into subsonic. When I get a chance I should double check my curve, not that assumptions got the best of me lol.
Normally I like to scatter targets out and tweak my bc and mv until I know it's true.
On my 6.5 and the 143 eldx I adjusted to the 4dof form factor to 1.02 really brought everything in line, but I had to adjust my latest lot of 143s up to .314g7 too.
I do think the 4dof is a touch more accurate of a model than the g7 model
Have you/do you adjust your da? 25fps is 1kda change in pressure as a rule

Great to know pretty awesome shooting too!

Have you/do you adjust your da? 25fps is 1kda change in pressure as a rule
I'm using applied ballistics on my kestrel, so it's adjusting to my density alititude in real time. The more I'm thinking about it, my drop in mv could be a little from new lot and it being pretty cold. I'm using varget, but it still fluctuates slightly too

Yha,,, maybe its better if we post pictures of groups all over the map...

Im sure i have a 8 1/2" group at a hundred yards some where... Lol

And it was off a shooting bench with worn out sand bags...

There was sand in the action at the end of that ordeal,,, ha...

Wont try that again...

First group is a 6 creed i put together and assembled, kind of neat to see something that you made shoot so well. The 108 ELD's do pretty good! Not sure on the MPA chassis yet, might be switching to a manners. The 2nd group is a 28 nolser at 1300yds, shot that afternoon and my POI was already rising.

Attachments

• 200yd.jpg
    200yd.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 1300yd.jpg
    1300yd.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
JCow14: Ok, that 1300 Yard group is gorgeous. I'm assuming your 28 Nosler is a Custom rifle...do tell🦌

Alamo Precision Rifles built it about 3 years ago

Rem Mag Long action wyatt long box
A3 carbon fiber stock
Proof barrel 1:8 Sendero contour
Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 MOAR-T reticle

195 bergers going about 3000 FPS

Not only am I behind in Ballistics App Tech, I'm seriously underfunded for Alamo Rifles (or any other custom builder). I need to discover a trunk of Confederate States of America Gold ingots in my backyard. That is about the only way I can really play with the big LR Boys. That and Lasik Surgery which I am looking into this week.

Can Hunter and Captain RB, you guys are so high above me I can't breathe.
This is the cool thing about threads like this. I know a little bit about putting a bullet on target at reasonable distances. Many on here know far more and apply that knowledge daily or weekly whereas I might shoot to 1k once every few months. The ballistics on an app are great for a starting point. The more good data you can put in the closer they are. Go shoot the distance and true them to what your actual is and log it. The more you put in that description the better you can categorize for repeating it.
Although it's great to have custom-built rifles that shoot bugholes. Learning and solidifying the fundamentals and learning ballistics with something like the $300 12FV savage in whatever caliber you wished to shoot works wonders. A good class would do far more for the advancement of skills than just about any piece of equipment.
When I was a ski patroller and ski instructor I use to take a class about once a month. I had a coach when I use to shoot sporting clays which was a lesson before every big shoot and bi-monthly from November to May. Mostly to correct bad habits but also to form better ones.

Capt RB, I get what you are saying and I agree. I have a couple of sporter rifles. But If I were to take the time to shoot them at longer ranges and learn from it. I could really become a better rifleman even with the equipment I have now.

Although some of those lessons might be easier to see on target with a rifle that does shoot little clusters at longer ranges.

In any case, money shouldn't keep me from improving with what I've got now. And learning a lot that I can use if I ever do fart diamonds.

Not only am I behind in Ballistics App Tech, I'm seriously underfunded for Alamo Rifles (or any other custom builder). I need to discover a trunk of Confederate States of America Gold ingots in my backyard. That is about the only way I can really play with the big LR Boys. That and Lasik Surgery which I am looking into this week.
Hornady 4dof app is free and works really well.
My 308 is a factory 700 with a lot of rounds through.
good luck in ur surgery