.2-.3 100 yard cold bore challenge

Canhunter35

Reading a thread about groups in the .2-.3s I thought I'd create an online challenge.
Shoot five shots into a 1" circle at 100 yards, including a cold bore shot.
Feel free to post targets from multiple rifles.
Let's keep the groups on the target as best we can, a good zero is as important as group size.
Fire at any pace you want, anyway you want. Shoot a flyer or two please post anyways.
The only stipulation is the group must be shot after reading this thread and deciding to participate in the challenge.
Also if you wish, please describe your fundamentals in shooting the group, it's a great way to learn from each other.
So next time ur at the range, hang a target and show us how ur rifle and you do.
Good luck.

I'll try it next time I get to the range, gotta rezero the ol .260 AI anyway, plus I got three 7mm rem mags to shoot some loads in, a 6.5 cm, and hopefully the first rounds through a virgin bore of my .338 Norma Mag, though only one of those is in any kind of condition to do it anyway, the others are in load developement stage and some are factory rifles, so I highly doubt they would be capable.

As far as on target, I actually prefer to have my group just off my aimpoint, because shooting itty bitty groups is hard when you can't see your exact aim point because it's shot out. I generally dial half to 1 MOA up if I'm trying for the smallest possible group. Would that be acceptable?

Well heck, I'll post up first pics (sorry, these were only 4 shot groups). Put a new XLR Envy Chassis on a Remington 5R Gen2 yesterday. These are the first shots out of it using 140gr Hornady Gunner factory ammo.

I was racing the dark and know the flyers were my fault. Plan to turn the weight of the trigger down 4 oz and take my time next trip out. I use sandbag in front, v bag in rear and sling locked into left elbow for stability. Now if I can just get the ninja breathing down to calm the heartbeat a bit....

Attachments

• XLR group.JPG
    XLR group.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 633
  • XLR group2.JPG
    XLR group2.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 675
  • XLR group3.JPG
    XLR group3.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 627
  • XLR group4.JPG
    XLR group4.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 667
I'll try it next time I get to the range, gotta rezero the ol .260 AI anyway, plus I got three 7mm rem mags to shoot some loads in, a 6.5 cm, and hopefully the first rounds through a virgin bore of my .338 Norma Mag, though only one of those is in any kind of condition to do it anyway, the others are in load developement stage and some are factory rifles, so I highly doubt they would be capable.

As far as on target, I actually prefer to have my group just off my aimpoint, because shooting itty bitty groups is hard when you can't see your exact aim point because it's shot out. I generally dial half to 1 MOA up if I'm trying for the smallest possible group. Would that be acceptable?
Just put a 1" sticker a moa or two above your aim point.

Just put them in the first hole. Jk lol.
It's really a personal challenge so I'll leave it up to you.
Bet ur excited to finally have that 338 out!