1x muzzleloader scope

Timnterra

I'm wanting to put in for the SD Muzzleloader season this year. I am building a smokeless capable 700ml in .416 and planning on using Parker bullets. SD only allows a 1x scope. I don't want to bother having the barrel drilled and tapped for open sights. I'm also used to hunting and shooting with a scope. I've been looking and cannot find hardly any good 1x scopes.all the scopes seem to be 1-4 or 1-something. I don't want a red dot scope or holographic sight. I want something with a real reticle that can be used for the longer ranges that this muzzleloader is intended for. Do any of you guys know where I can get a hold of a good 1x scope?

What your describing is a tube with one or a series of non-magnifying glass lenses that includes a reticle for adjusting windage and elevation. In all of my years of shooting I have never seen a sight like that. I doubt that it would be cost effective to manufacture and market a "scope" like that. But I'm gonna monitor you post to see if I can learn something new.
Do the people who write such laws shoot? Rhetorical question ......

I use a 1x24 vortex crossfire scope on my muzzleloader and have successfully dialed out to 300 yards and returned to zero with no issues. For $100 I've been very pleased with it. gunwerks sells a Nightforce 1x scope that will fit your requirements but will cost you a pretty penny.

I like the idea of the g7 it seems a little pricy considering what it is... But I also don't want a cheap scope that doesn't gather light and makes it hard to see the target in low light. What reticle did that cross fire have?

The crossfire just has a standard duplex reticle but it's roughly 2 MOA thick if I remember right so it definitely coveres a lot of the target as the distances get longer.

I have an Aimpoint Comp ML2 on my Ruger mini 6.8spc that I"ve shot coyotes and hogs with out to 200yds It might pass the test in SD but you'd need to look carefully at the law to be sure since the reticle is a floating dot.

I also have the vortex mentioned above and the 24mm tube was just too small for me. It's almost like trying to pick up a peep sight and that's just not what I need for a hunting rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.