1st time hunter needing mentor

Agreed. I'll burn through the barrel faster than I should. But for now, she's screaming and screaming accurately
Sorry but you do not have enough powder capacity to propel the 208g projectile at 3800 FPS from .300 WM. Do you care to share your load?

If this claim is true, you will not have problems with mentors. It will be you mentoring us on the fine arts of LRH safe and efficient reloading.

Last edited:
Sorry but you do not have enough powder capacity to propel the 208g projectile at 3800 FPS from .300 WM. Do you care to share your load?

I'm just going off what the chrono read, granted that was 5yrs ago. I put 40rds through her and averaged. I'll dig up what I used... there is the chance I did something wrong of course

I'm just going off what the chrono read, granted that was 5yrs ago. I put 40rds through her and averaged. I'll dig up what I used... there is the chance I did something wrong of course
I can see 3080 FPS out of a 30" barrel but not 3800 FPS. You are going to have a hard time convincing the LRH community with your velocity claim. Good luck!

I'll teach you how to deer hunt and you can teach me your hand loading secrets! 😄
Oh boy, if I posted I was getting those velocities out of 300 WM I would shut the lid on my laptop with it still smoking! So, you are in good hands here. Something is up with your chronograph or memory because I can say that would exceed even a proof load at a factory.

For reference, my 208 300WM 30" tube load:

208 Amax/ELDM
77gr RL-25
WLRM
PPU case
3050fps @ 80 F. 725ft ele.

This is as hot as I want it cooking to extend brass life. I already detected some loosening primer pockets on the 3X fired brass.

I can see 3080 FPS out of a 30" barrel but not 3800 FPS. You are going to have a hard time convincing the LRH community with your velocity claim. Good luck!

I'll teach you how to deer hunt and you can teach me your hand loading secrets! 😄
Oh boy, if I posted I was getting those velocities out of 300 WM I would shut the lid on my laptop with it still smoking! So, you are in good hands here. Something is up with your chronograph or memory because I can say that would exceed even a proof load at a factory.

Lol, totally get it. I'm no expert, just looking at what I wrote. I've made more than one mistake in my life so I'm humble enough to know I could be wrong. I'll have to get her to the range and get some current numbers for you gents