1st semi-long range success

G

I went out this morning to shoot some 1000yd groups with my 300 RUM and a jackrabbit popped up right in my field of view after I shot a 3 shot group. After guesstimating it to be about 600yds away I dial down from the 23min up that I was at for the 1000yd zero to 10min and squeezed the trigger. The shot was a little low but right on for windage. The jack turned to quartering away and just sat there looking around! I slid another round in and held slightly higher and nailed it right above the shoulder and out the throat, didn't budge just fell over.
I've been practicing the long range thing but this is the 1st time something ever got in my crosshairs. Real cool!!!.
Thanks for letting me share,
Wayne
PS, 3 shots at 1000yds, 190SMK at 3100fps, 4.050". I know, it's only a 3 shot group but the barrel heats up pretty fast with 5 shots and I already know it will do 5 shots in 8".

That's it! You are officially banned from Bunny Hugger International membership for life!
grin.gif
Nice work!
cool.gif

Wayne, Nice shot!

The wind down here has kept me inside for the last couple of weeks. But I did make it out Sunday evening for a little rabbit safari with the .223

We need to get together again some morning just to see how ****ed we can make old Bugs. I know a few places where the rabbits are thick from first light until about 8 am

Tim,
Works for me, I don't know when I'll make down your way but I'll definitely put it on the calendar as a must do affair asap.
Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.