1st Muley Buck

Ernie

SPONSOR
Here is my 14 year old's description of his Mule Deer hunt.
"Saturday morning my dad and I got up at 5:00 so we could go mule deer hunting. It was a longer drive for the deer than the antelope. Both of us had binoculars and my dad had a spotting scope on the window. The place where we hunted had roads where we could drive and then look for deer. We saw a small buck first, but I didn't want to shoot one that small. After a lot of looking we found a group that had two bucks bigger than the little one. I decided, I wanted to kill the biggest one and we made a stalk, but a doe saw us and they moved away before I could make a shot. I also got lots of cactus in my leg. Also, never wear tennis shoes while hunting! We followed this group and tried several times, but every time something happened and they spooked. We continued looking but didn't see any more bucks and then went into town for lunch. We went back out in the afternoon and kept looking but all we saw were antelope, coyotes and does. Late in the afternoon we found the group that had the two bucks in it again. I was able to set up and make a shot on the smaller one. It was almost too dark to see when I shot. I was really excited about getting two bucks in two days."
IMG_3233.jpg

Great story. What was the distance?

Give us some specs on that pistol.

Range: 126 yards

McGowen barrel 1-7 twist just under 18", (6mm-6.5x47 Lapua), 39.0 H-4350, 105 Berger VLD-MV 2790 fps, MOA's solid bottom brake, Picatinny base by MOA, Burris Signature Zee Rings, Leupold 8.5-25 LR/T (plex reticle). Trigger at or below 1 pound (easily adjustable), Barrel free-floated (All MOA Maximum's are made this way).
MOA is a falling block single-shot specialty handgun with easy to interchange barrels (threaded).
MOA Corporation

Great sytory and pics. I remember my sons 1st Muley, you'll remember for a lifetime. We finally get to go antelope hunting this coming weekend, ours seasons are much later than WY.

Good job!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.