1st Mule Deer down with my 6.5 SAUM

Congrats, my wife always ask why I can 't be like most guys and just sit at home and watch TV or play videos. I tell her nothing replaces the experience that your pics and story show :) .

We are to live our own adventures !!

Great story and amazing photos. The sky in the western mountains sometimes put on amazing shows...especially for us Easterners. Your trip sounds a little like my first and only quest out West for a mulie. I may share that later, but I don't want to detract from your amazing story. Thanks so much for sharing. I found myself submerged in memory of my trip drawing several parallels from your story. Thanks!

Congratulations. The practice paid off. Getting physically fit before the hunt makes it easier and lowers the burn. Also, if you are going to hunt at altitude, 8000 ft and above, it helps to do some hiking weekends the month before at close to the same altitude. Getting acclimatized before really helps.
The biggest hill close to me might be 400 feet ASL... LOL.

Victoria

Congrats....good story & great photos!
I love that 156...I used it on a nice 6x6 Bull Elk earlier this month in NM. I have a Piercision 6.5 GAP 4S. What rifle and load were you using ?

6.5 SAUM by GA Precision. Using 59.0 grains of RL 26, CCI 250 Primers, ADG Brass and 156 Berger at .022 off the lands. Running 3030ish FPS.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.