1st Hammer bullets kill results

Just reporting what I was told about the money amount. This one field is huge, over mile long and close to half mile wide at one point. Borders a Creek so there are fingers of timber along it. He had soy beans planted and they ate around three hundred plus acres while the plants were still young. Cost of 1st planting and then a repeat adds up. I'm not a farmer, don't know jack about it. Just shoot what I'm asked to shoot. He farms land on the other side of the creek as well. He could have been talking about all the property he farms.
Deer can do the most damage when the crop is young and the only reason I responded is because I have seen some farmers take advantage of our local fish and game by reporting loses that were way to exaggerated and instead of investigating what has happened on there farm they just write a check. I appreciate you responding back to my comment. One thing about you being able to harvest that many deer is that you should have some really good kill data on your loads your using. Just keep hunting like you are it's keeping you young.

Nice work! Whats the speed of the 99hh out of the grendel? Im shootin the 97 absolute hammer out of my 12.5" 6.5 creed pistol at 2730fps. Trying to decide if it would be suitable to use for sitka blacktail deer.

Grendel is a CZ , using Norma 201. 30.0 grains. Getting 2690 FPS. Seating to 1st grove and using Redding taper crimp , very slight crimp. This CZ has always been a little slow. Friend has howa Heavy Barrel four inches shorter that get over 2700 with same load. I've tried slower burning powder, but the Norma gives me the best accuracy.

Nice work! Whats the speed of the 99hh out of the grendel? Im shootin the 97 absolute hammer out of my 12.5" 6.5 creed pistol at 2730fps. Trying to decide if it would be suitable to use for sitka blacktail deer.
I can assure you that it will take out deer sized game very neatly. Only had one deer take more than a couple of steps after being hit solid. It was a doe shot front on by a kid who was taking his first deer, got a little excited and only got one lung. Still only went about 80 yards.Just don't try to make it to more than its capable of. Keep it under about250 yards.

I usually let things slide, but was hurting and in bad mood, I'll take what he says with that in mind. Thanks.
Ya'll talking about me like I'm not in the room! 😄

I was thinking you should be a little more enterprising with your deer eradication efforts. Offer the farmer a price for your services for 100K. Tell the farmer you can reduce the deer crop damage by 150K and he's ahead money all together! BOOM! That nugget of knowledge is free, the rest gonna cost ya! HAHAHA.

In my 20s I would participate in deer reduction programs at the state parks. Doe only, $5 per doe, unlimited bag limit. It was an absolute riot. 8 doe a day for a few days the first year. However, once the word got out all the city slickers came in force, and the woods looked like speckled blaze orange with slugs snapping the twigs around me, NOPE. I could go through two deer year, and donated all the others to food pantries. It was all around a righteous effort.

Went back to the same field yesterday afternoon, buddy killed another 8 PT and doe. I passed on shots because having two down and me not being able to help much, ribs still sore but better. Looks like the one I got week ago. His range finder battery died and was guessing yards. First shot broke left front leg, it got up, second shot took out left rear leg. Got close enough to finish it. About180 pounds . maybe more. I ranged it at 385 later.

Attachments

• IMG_20211127_092516.jpg
    IMG_20211127_092516.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 76