1st FFP vs 2nd FFP

I'll play. I own FFP and SFP scopes and up close in low light I'd rather have a SFP EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

It has nothing to do with glass quality as the image quality between a comparable SFP and FFP is for all intents and purpose identical. The problem comes with the reticle. most FFP reticles simply are very difficult to see at lower magnifications when the light is low. Flipping on illumination completely solves the problem but with a SFP scope you can just point and shoot.

If I was building a rifle for dark timber it would wear a low power SFP scope but for a mixed hunting rifle I love my FFP scopes and I just make sure I have enough battery left to illuminate the reticle for when I dive into the timber.

"If" by any chance you are responding to my post about glass quality. You are right it it has nothing to do with the SFP vs FFP and I used exact same reticle design. However, as you can see, I was not addressing the SFP vs FFP, I addressed glass quality "separately" in terms of a scope's overall low light capability.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.