1st Aoudad Hunt...

Many thanks to AoudadShooter1975 for his advice on field judging and areas to hunt. My .300 Win Mag and 215 grain Berger Hybrid Target connected on a 78 yard shot and he didn't take a step.:cool: Got the shot on video as well. The Ram measured 33 6/8". Fun Trip to West TX.
fP9kQg5.jpg

S2nQUPe.jpg

zTy0BjU.jpg
Magnificent

How many days did it take you? My outfitter gives us 4 days...
Did you drive around in a jeep... then walk in to get within range ?

How many days did it take you? My outfitter gives us 4 days...
Did you drive around in a jeep... then walk in to get within range ?

I only hunted about 4 hours. It happened pretty fast. I'd say I was extremely lucky. And I'm usually the real patient type, but he was just too nice to let walk. He came out of a canyon that we couldn't see, and walked right down the rim to us. We were on a slightly bigger ram, but he was mixed in with about 50 other sheep and out of range. It really came down to the bird in hand type of decision.

We used a Ranger to ride around the ranch, but got out on foot to sneak into glassing spots. The hunt could really depend on where you find those sheep. It could be easy walking, or it could have been a ball buster of a hike. Some of that terrain is nasty steep and loose footing.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.