199g Shock hammer bullets subsonic

408w

Have a 300 blk out with a 1/8 twist barrel. Looking for a good sub sonic hunting bullet. I came across the 199g shock hammer. Would like some input if you guys feel it would be a good choice and expand at ~950fps.

Have a 300 blk out with a 1/8 twist barrel. Looking for a good sub sonic hunting bullet. I came across the 199g shock hammer. Would like some input if you guys feel it would be a good choice and expand at ~950fps.
This is not what you wanna do, 1800fps minimum for the hammers to work as designed

This is not what you wanna do, 1800fps minimum for the hammers to work as designed
I agree with my brother BB. You might want to check put Lehigh's 210 >>> https://www.lehighdefense.com/308-c...bsonic-hunting-and-defense-rifle-bullets.html

Bullet minimum velocity is 750 FPS.

Last edited:
Check out this thread..

I wouldn't try using the hammers, there are other bullets that are less expensive designed for exactly what you want. I've used a couple of them.

I have 190 gr. Cutting edge bullets to try subsonic, I think they will be good out ton100byards in whitetail the are precut to assist in expansion at lower speeds, think a broadhead out of a barrel rifle. I am heading to range today to try the hornady xtp 90gr. .309 bullets but this would be for coyote size and smaller within 50 yards.

cavity back makes a pretty nasty 195gr.

minimum velocity for opening is 600fps

no personal experience with them but the gent that makes them makes an awesome projectile in other calibers

I need to look into this, any experience with them terminally?

If cutting edge don't work out there is maker bullets out of Florida I might try some of their selection of bullets.

I haven't tried any of these bullets yet but, any of you have issues with seating them. Some pretty serious cuts and voids in some of the bullet designs. Copper bends quite easily