1994 Ruger M77 Mark II 338 Win Mag w/boat paddle stock value

Last one I was watching on gunbroker went for $1225 with a leupold vari-x II. You will get plenty of interest if you decide to sell. If you decide to shoot, let us know how the recoil is. ; )
You want to put a muzzle brake on it if it's a 338 W.M., and change out the trigger. I have one and it's my go to rifle for Africa or heaver game here in the USA.

A Ruger MkII in .270 was my first rifle and as such I'll never sell it, but good grief what a mule. I compared it side-by-side with a buddy's 300WM and we both agreed my .270 kicked more. I love the gun and it's my go-to long(er)-range (I'm in GA) hunting gun. It'll never win a benchrest shoot but after a lot of work finding the right load (it likes heavy bullets and slow powders) it will shoot acceptable groups at hunting distances. To answer the OP's question, I know the skeleton stock makes them a bit "collectible" but they're not your friend on the bench. I've seen them going $600-$800 pre-panic. If you're looking to sell right now, I'd think $1K might be reasonable. In the current political atmosphere, there's a good chance it will be worth $2k before very long and probably $10k by the time my kids get my guns handed down to them........although they'll probably be made to register all of them at that point. Shame they all got lost in a tragic boating accident last week.
That must be in the same spot on the river near Buford GA where I went when I came down from Canada....pretty spot...white water...real rough...lost mine there too! ( about 10 years ago)!!!!!!!!!

You can get a good idea of it's value by logging into GB then going to "Advanced," next to the top search window. Once the search window opens, click on the "Completed Items" tab and enter your search info. Look for items that have sold. Your rifle should bring between 1,200 and 1,600 dollars. As others have said, lose the scope and sell the rifle clean.

I really don't know what all the recoil complaints are about; I bought one in 2001 put a "GOOEY" recoil pad on it and have killed a 7 1/2 foot Alaskan grizzley, a 380 B&C elk, an American bison, a Quebec back bear and an Idaho mule deer with it. The pad tames the recoil to almost nothing and it one KILLING SOB. The Alaskan bear was at 270 yards everything else was inside 200 yards but, with the exception of the insurance shots on the bear everything else was one shot DRT.

I really don't know what all the recoil complaints are about; I bought one in 2001 put a "GOOEY" recoil pad on it and have killed a 7 1/2 foot Alaskan grizzley, a 380 B&C elk, an American bison, a Quebec back bear and an Idaho mule deer with it. The pad tames the recoil to almost nothing and it one KILLING SOB. The Alaskan bear was at 270 yards everything else was inside 200 yards but, with the exception of the insurance shots on the bear everything else was one shot DRT.
I'd remove the Quebec black bear....that would be highly illegal here.... especially bringing the gun into our country!

I have a couple of the old M77 in .338 and I won one of the all weather ones in a raffle. Didn't need another .338 so I put a fluted 26 inch bead blasted barrel on and changed it into a .264 mag .Put it into a thumbhole stock and shot it for years ; but never really liked the stock.Got a chance to buy a really pretty Ruger fancy wood stock so it now is really a looker. I don't know what that rifle is worth ; but I would turn down $ 1500 for mine!

I have one in 300 win mag. It's honestly probably my favorite gun. I don't care what people say but all my rugers shoot. Most guys complain about recoil because their 6.5 creedmor has a break. I'd keep it honestly. I even got a spare stock for mine just in case. Yes I have much nicer guns but this is my old faithful. I'd say it's in the 900-1200 range. WD-40 or rem oil will shine that stock right up

The paddle stocks are the new gold that $12 worth of plastic they used to make those stocks is really black gold .I asked a ruger rep once at a show why they went so cheap with those rifles .He said why put $250 pieces of wood on then when you can sell it with a $12 piece of plastic .I guess my 264 win mag paddle stock should be around $5000 to $6000 it is the rarest paddle stock caliber .I forgot it's a 50th edition so it's probally $100000 .I would put a laminated stock on that 338 win mag and keep it .They are super accurate that way and kick way less mine has shot 3/4 inch without for legendary paddle stock on it .

The paddle stocks are the new gold that $12 worth of plastic they used to make those stocks is really black gold .I asked a ruger rep once at a show why they went so cheap with those rifles .He said why put $250 pieces of wood on then when you can sell it with a $12 piece of plastic .I guess my 264 win mag paddle stock should be around $5000 to $6000 it is the rarest paddle stock caliber .I forgot it's a 50th edition so it's probally $100000 .I would put a laminated stock on that 338 win mag and keep it .They are super accurate that way and kick way less mine has shot 3/4 inch without for legendary paddle stock on it .
My .264 is not an anniversary edition, but it shoots very well. What most don't know, is the 7 RM boat paddle rifles have smaller profile barrels than the other three "Magnums".

I personally am very fond of the looks of the boat paddle stock and always have been fond of them. They almost seemed ahead of their time because at the time they were being produced, I knew alot of people who thought they were ugly. They weren't necessarily an easy resale when they were being produced because people either loved or hated their looks. Now folks will pay top dollar and beyond for them. I wish Ruger would bring the stock back to production with a softer butt pad.

One of the nicest shooting .338's I ever had was a Ruger but it was pre-paddle stock. A couple friends use the paddle stock Rugers, one in 338 and it has accounted for lots of big moose with the 250 grain Nosler partition. I personally don't like the stock because it is too long for me and you can't shorten it without it looking goofy, so if it fits it's good but if it doesn't you need a new stock.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.