• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

1950 Winchester Model 70 270 Win

Gale Johnson

Approximately 1950 made pre 64 Winchester Model 70 in 270 Winchester, Beautiful Custom stock with excellent color and contrasting dark lines, very well put together by unknown maker, super smooth action and excellent trigger, $1550 shipped

Last edited:
DSC03183.JPG
DSC03184.JPG
DSC03185.JPG
DSC03186.JPG
DSC03187.JPG
DSC03188.JPG
DSC03189.JPG
DSC03190.JPG
DSC03191.JPG
DSC03192.JPG

To answer a few ?'s I had by pm for everyone, I sighted the rifle in but did no load development so I don't know how it shoots. The maker is unknown but the fit and finish outstanding, very high quality, buttplate and grip cap are installed perfectly, action is very smooth, trigger is perfect in my estimation. Whoever put this gun together did a great job. Like a lot of custom guns I have it priced at a fraction of what it would cost to build. Please pm me for a phone # if you would like to discuss further, if you need a nice rifle in this great caliber you won't be disappointed

thank you
Gale Johnson

UPDATE
I removed the action today and inspected the stock and action for maker's marking, could not find anything. The action is pillar bedded but does not have any other glass, fits tight as a glove and all the screws included the grip cap and butt plate are perfectly indexed. Very nice workmanship.

thank you
Gale Johnson

UPDATE
I removed the action today and inspected the stock and action for maker's marking, could not find anything. The action is pillar bedded but does not have any other glass, fits tight as a glove and all the screws included the grip cap and butt plate are perfectly indexed. Very nice workmanship.

thank you
Gale Johnson
Morning Sir, Is this a light weight or FW model? Confirm barrel length and LOP pls. What's the bore look like? thanks

Barrel is 24", LOP is 13.5", I do not have a bore scope, but bore looks good with naked eye. I haven't seen any marking to tell if its a Feather Weight or Light Weight Model. I am not a pre 64 expert by any means, if you would like to call and ask any more specific question's I will answer them with gun in hand.

Thank you for your interest

PM sent with phone number

Barrel is 24", LOP is 13.5", I do not have a bore scope, but bore looks good with naked eye. I haven't seen any marking to tell if its a Feather Weight or Light Weight Model. I am not a pre 64 expert by any means, if you would like to call and ask any more specific question's I will answer them with gun in hand.

Thank you Sir.

I can answer the Featherweight question for you. It is not a featherweight.