195’s in a SAAMI chamber

Hunter Reed

Hey guys I'm putting together a 7STW and would like to hear some experiences with the 195gr Berger eol's in a saami spec chamber. This will be a remage setup wearing a ragged hole barrels carbon wrapped Remage barrel 1:8 twist finished at 26". My action has already been milled to accept the wyatts box. Thanks

Last edited:
This is a few years old....but I kill several elk with this gun and load every year.

jjw
ND

Thanks for referencing that post. I missed it a few years back. Cool gun.

How is the temp stability on that N570? How many shots do you get on your Nosler brass with that load? What is your base to tip or COAL with the 195? Have you ever shot elk with the 180 Hyb? How would you rate it's performance compared to the 195?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks again for sharing.

I have not noticed any temp issues. I only get about 3 or 4 shots with the Nosler brass and the pockets our to loose. For the few I shoot in this gun that is not an issue. I use 180 VLDs in my 7RM with N570 and they do just as well.

I am after a bullet that is accurate. It is up to me to place it. I love what these bullets can do.

jjw

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.