190grSMK/Re22 in .300WSM advice requested

RuffHewn

Chronograph died in it's sleep over the past few months, while my rifle was being rebarreled. I need a charge range to work up to while I research a suitable replacement. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My goal is 2950-2990 fps from my 26" barrel.

My new Mike Rock barrel seems to really like Re22 as every load with the exception of starting charge have been sub .5 moa. Last load tested was 67.0 gr with no pressure on primer and case miked .552".

My new barrel has no freebore and 2.864" COL with the SMK190 is to the lands. My last barrel was set up for Barnes X so I could seat the SMKs to 2.96" COL.

Please post if your data is for plain or molyed 190s.

Thanks for any help.

Thanks, Montana Marine. The Nosler data is close to the 68.5 gr a Sierra tech suggested for the molyed MK190s I shoot.

Semper Fi

Ruff,

I'm guessing you will have no trouble reaching or exceeding your velocity goal. I shoot the 190SMK moly in my 26" 30-06. 62gr RL22 yields avg 2907 fps. Accuracy consistently sub MOA.

Semper Fi! MM

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.