190gr Berger VLD

340Shooter

I am looking at trying the hunting version of this bullet in my T3 .30/06 and was wondering if anyone has loaded them and can recommend a powder? I put together some already with H-4350. Started at 49grs.

I am looking at trying the hunting version of this bullet in my T3 .30/06 and was wondering if anyone has loaded them and can recommend a powder? I put together some already with H-4350. Started at 49grs.
340shooter,
Go to our website. On the main page click on the information tab then click on tech talk in the drop down and read Erics article " VLDs, making them shoot for bullet seating depth testing help. If you have any more questions you can contact us here or at [email protected]. Thanks for using our bullets!

This is the load I use with the 190gr Berger in my 06. Playing with the 210gr Berger this summer in that rifle.

06.JPG

340shooter,

I'm shooting them out of my .30-06 Ackley Improved. They are a very accurate bullet.

Your choice of H-4350 is right on and is a great powder. It will yield good velocities out of your shorter 22" bbl,

I run mine a little on the warm, yet safe side and developed mine using quickload. My -06 improved has a 26"bbl and with the slightly larger case, I'm getting 2900FPs from mine.

Loaded correctly, these bullets will shoot extremely well. I've taken 4 elk and 5 Muledeer with Berger VLDs and they work very well as long as you're not trying to break shoulders and limit your shots to heart/lung shots.

Hopefully this is helpful,

Dan

I also shoot a .30-06 AI, but I shoot the Berger 185 VLD's. I have a 26" barrel on mine, and I shoot IMR 7828 SSC lit with a Federal 210M primer. I'm also getting ~2,900 fps.

30-06AI 190VLD => Lapua Case Vihtavuori N560 63gr CCI250 =3070pfs. 61gr give best accuracy, then about 2860pfs. Best Groups 5shot under 0,3"/109y
Barrel 27,5" Border with long throat

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.