180gr VLD Target vs 180 VLD Hunters

PingGong3

What is the different between these 2 bullets because I can find 7mm 180gr VLD targets and want to know how they compare on deer/elk to the hunters.

Thanks

What is the different between these 2 bullets because I can find 7mm 180gr VLD targets and want to know how they compare on deer/elk to the hunters.

Thanks
Im pretty sure the jacket is thicker on the target bullets. This would take more velocity to expand at distance and could cause pin holing. Close up, it could actually be an advantage on elk because the bullet wouldn't explode as easily.

I've used the 180 hunting in my 7SAUM. 2900 fps with RL26. I think it's around 23 animals for my last 2 trips to Africa. From 75 to 520 yds. All but 2 were 1 shot kills. One was a small Thompson's Gazelle that I made a bad shot on and took a few to rectify my error. The other was a Livingston eland. Shoulder at 75 yds. He ran 75 yds and turned looking like he was going to go down when I hit him again. He was considerably bigger than my Cape buffalo I killed a couple of days before. Same setup headed to Africa again in a month.
Bruce

A local store in Cullman, AL. They also got a shipment of H1000 and other powders in. Powders sold out quick but they still had the bullets. I'll be going by there Tuesday.

A local store in Cullman, AL. They also got a shipment of H1000 and other powders in. Powders sold out quick but they still had the bullets. I'll be going by there Tuesday.
Man I'd be shocked if they still have any by Tuesday, I've been trying to find a box of 180s for almost a year!
Pretty sweet you were able to find them locally, if you're able to get an extra box or two I'd love to buy or trade for them 😉

I would be interested in some if you can get them and I would also buy or trade

Here is a pic.

Attachments

• 620C57B1-06A4-4ED4-9334-088DE4347E6B.jpeg
    620C57B1-06A4-4ED4-9334-088DE4347E6B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42

Recent Posts