180 Grain Berger bullets

Labaherd

I am looking for a couple boxes of Berger VLD 180 hunter. A lot of the places I checked were sold out. Where do you folks that reload buy your bullets.

They are hard to acquire as Berger moved there production. So they are trying to catch up. I heard about it and stocked up for what I needed for the year.

At that to the fact they are launching their own brand of ammo and will probably divert most of their new bullet production from their new factory in AZ, I would not expect to see their bullets on the shelf in time for hunting season. I would start looking at Hornady ELD-X or something.

This is what happens given the parameters of a perfect storm in the world commerce.

The entire business is gobbled up by a huge conglomerate whose only concern is with profit.

Move your business lock, stock and barrel to another state.

Not enough anticipation of the demand for your product prior to the move, induced by panic buying which is all too common in America.

Release the new ammunition project which will feature the bullets we all need!

Result? No product but statements released by corporate say 30 - 60 days. This is from January. Call again, we're a little behind, another 30 - 60 days. Still nothing in the pipeline and we're out of bullets! This is not solved by a couple of hundred bullets sourced from a private supplier online, we need 5,000 of each weight we shoot in 3 calibers just to get started.

Corporate? Nothing at all.

Now we have to fall back to revisit every recipe for clients using these bullets and start a new testing program using another manufacturer. This is time, labor and materially expensive because they have this great plan. Our hands are tied. No product, no response from the manufacturer which can be relied on and clients needing service.

Not a lot of choices...:mad:

no kidding Berger screwed up big time. I have started switching to Hornady and Matrix bullets
I have no issues with Hornady bullets. They have always been very accurate in the 30 cal. I still like the Amax in my rifles, they are more accurate than the ELD-X's in my guns !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.