180 ELD-M issues

nbowlin

Anyone having any success with these? Had a really disappointing run at them with three different rifles. 280ai 9t, 7wsm 8t, 28n 8.4t all with rl26. Rifles previously all were working well with 175-x's. Literally nothing even hopeful from any of them. Really kinda ran the gauntlet with them from in the lands to large jumps. Velocities from 2850's-3250's.

I would try IMR7828ssc in your 7wsm and RL33 in your 28 Nosler.

Never owned a 280ai.

Everyone thinks RL26 is magic. It is great sometimes but not every time.

They shoot lights out in my 28 with rl33, every charge from 84 up to 88.5 were all under and inch. 86-87 grains was the sweet spot, right at .5" and 3175-3220 fps.

My 28 nosler shoots 1 ragged hole at 100 with 87.5 grains of reloader 33 pushing them 3260 fps.

This was just a one day effort. I figure changes have to be made and such. Just thought it was really strange that it was literally 0/3 on proven rifles. With nothing even kinda good. Just kinda taken aback was all. Especially with all three rifles coming off good 175/rl26 loads.
There will be a round two and have fought the good fight before.
So was just seeing if it was a thing or if there was success being had.

7mm Rem Mag with RL23 works great. High and low nice put me around .5 MOA with the low node around 2800 and the high around 2910. I have a big supply of these bullets and use them to fire form new brass for hunting loads, generally use the low node for that.

180 eld my seating stem was the issue drill out my seating stem on my lee die. Compare each round Ogive try to get .0005 within difference

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.