18 Mexican meals in 10 days - Len's "Southwest Odyssey"

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
Kathy and I spent 10 days driving through the southwest, just returned yesterday.

We visited Manners Stocks, PSE Archery, The Outdoorsmans, Western Hunter Magazine and McMillan Stocks and Rifles. All of these are LRH advertisers and/or vendors. We enjoyed the visiting immensely.

Tom Manners has moved into larger facilities and has expanded production significantly.

PSE gave us a tour of their factory. We got to see the assembly process for the TAC 15 crossbow line that we sell. Bobby Vargus of PSE told us that we are the highest volume dealer of TAC 15 crossbows in the country. I think they have about 500 dealers. Wow!

The Outdoorsmans boys had just returned from a show in Salt Lake City. Nice guys.

I met the Editor/Publisher of Western Hunter magazine - Chris Denham. He has just mailed the first edition of a 2nd, newer magazine called Elk Hunter Magazine".

Kelly McMillan showed me how they make stocks and their custom rifle line. Very impressive.

And -- Kathy and I had 18 fantastic Mexican food meals that were to die for! About 20 years ago we went on a similar Mexican food trip but this year's trip eclipsed even that one.

1. Taco Bell (on the way out of my home town)
  2. Denny's for breakfast
  3. El Charro Cafe
  4. Los Lunas
  5. Guadalajara Grill
  6. Old Pueblo Grill
  7. La Parrilla Suiza
  8. Rubio's
  9. Micha's
  10. Abuelos
  11. San Carlos Grill
  12. Blue Corn II
  13. LB Phoenix Restaurant Group
  14. Carlos O'Kelly's Mexican Restaurant
  15. Tequila's
  16. La Fuente
  17. Dos Rios
  18. Cactus Jack's

Last edited:
I'm getting heartburn just reading your post.......

Didn't we talk about that already......:)

Glad you are back safe. Lots of crazy's on the highways today......

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.