18-20" 300 RUM: change my mind..

I see a lot of claims that barrel life is sub 500 rounds
I keep doing bigger and dumber things chasing the short life I get assured about from the mega-mags, never seems to be as bad as promised. Current in-progress barrel is a 32" 30-338 LI, I'm going to dump N565 into it until it gives up or I find N570 to double down on wrecking the throat. It's just a barrel, it can be replaced, still cheaper per shot than ELR rigs.

Guys that are having AB measure their BC variance might say barrels are done at 500 rounds, but that doesn't mean those barrels won't keep shooting MOA under a mile. I get where they're coming from that they don't want loads to fall out of tune over the course of fire in a single match so throat burners are out for them, doesn't mean nasty chamberings don't work fine in a hunting rifle.

TBH it doesn't bug me that the 30 Sherman is slower, it was a downgrade in 30 cal for me. I'm shooting it from long barrels and not stepping on the gas, treating it like an improved 300 WM. 300 RUM still spanks everything in the standard mag bolt face.

I just built a 30 Nosler in a 24 inch barrel and I may pull the barrel before I ever fire it and sell it for a 20 inch barrel. I think the short magnums suppressed are awesome.

Please build a 20" 300 RUM! I think it would be legit. I know everyone has their opinions on the 30 SM, but I have one in a 20" and I've been pleased with it. I also own a 20" 300 wm and a 16.5" 6 Creedmoor, all wearing a can.
I could only imagine what a 20" 300 RUM could do!

I'm running a 24" 30 Nos that I'm head over heals for, except that it's stupid frigging long with my Nomad LT suppressor.
The suppression and recoil reduction is amazing to the point that I refuse to ever put the brake back on.
Soo I'm looking to go with a short barrel and continue the suppressed goodness with 225 eldms around 2800 fps.
I don't buy into the "Efficiency" crap, and 700-1000 rounds will take me 4-5 years of shooting.
I have a 3.850 mag box
What do you all think?

And please for the love of Jesus don't recommend a 30 Sherman Mag...
5" thunder beast might be the easy answer.

I'm running a 24" 30 Nos that I'm head over heals for, except that it's stupid frigging long with my Nomad LT suppressor.
The suppression and recoil reduction is amazing to the point that I refuse to ever put the brake back on.
Soo I'm looking to go with a short barrel and continue the suppressed goodness with 225 eldms around 2800 fps.
I don't buy into the "Efficiency" crap, and 700-1000 rounds will take me 4-5 years of shooting.
I have a 3.850 mag box
What do you all think?

And please for the love of Jesus don't recommend a 30 Sherman Mag...
If you wanna do it just do it! Doesn't matter what we think! But do share the results with us!!!!

Ps I think that sounds bada** and share your lack of concern with efficiency and practicality. People talk barrel life and efficiency…so go shoot a .308 and convince yourself that the Chevy Cruze is an exhilarating ride 🤣. And I can't stand how when someone suggests an 18 inch 30 mag of some kind right away people are just like "pointless, no better than a 30-06". A 26 inch 30-06 MAYBE…out of a much handier rifle. Practicality and efficiency can go fly a kite, we want PERFORMANCE!!!!! Step on the gas, FLOOR IT!!!!!!!!

I have an 18" 6.5 prc and 11.5" 6 creed. I was concerned about effect and efficiency and found fps loss to be predictable as you would expect. I am super happy with the 18" but do feel 18-22 is all manageable depending on your overall desire for handling or carry. I vote you do it and just make sure your van is rated for the impulse blast at that length.