17wsm With Threaded Barrel?

Morse Industries

Official LRH Sponsor
Looking for a 17wsm that comes with a threaded barrel so I can just slap one of my cans on and go. Only finding 17hmr or .22's w threaded barrels. I only have larger "serious" cans so its gotta have a heavy barrel otherwise my harmonics w a monster can will be horrendous, especially w drastic temp change, going to do some plinking and general farm cleanup with it around 200yards and there just to much erratic wind to make the current 22 work and sometimes a 338LM isnt needed for that one barn rat haha.

Anyone having any luck with a "normal" 17wsm? (not one of the ultra high end custom jobs like the volquartsen's etc...

Looking for a 17wsm that comes with a threaded barrel so I can just slap one of my cans on and go. Only finding 17hmr or .22's w threaded barrels. I only have larger "serious" cans so its gotta have a heavy barrel otherwise my harmonics w a monster can will be horrendous, especially w drastic temp change, going to do some plinking and general farm cleanup with it around 200yards and there just to much erratic wind to make the current 22 work and sometimes a 338LM isnt needed for that one barn rat haha.

Anyone having any luck with a "normal" 17wsm? (not one of the ultra high end custom jobs like the volquartsen's etc...

I had my HB SS Bmag threaded and I generally shoot my TBAC 223P-2 can on it but I've played around with my 338 can on it also though.
17 WSM 338Sup.JPG

That's the ticket! (What LPhunter514 said). I have a Ruger I restocked and had the barrel threaded and shoot a .223 can on it. In June, five of us were using cans and shooting at prairie dogs in S.D. It was soooo sweet! Oh, and out of the 4 days we shot, two days I only shot the WSM! My fav rifle and I took 5! I was doing pretty good on them out to 300+; but I think it will reach farther. If and when this barrel will need replacing, I may go to a slightly heavier one, but this rig is sooo good, why change? Duh!I can spot hits(or misses) now. I don't think a change will be necessary any time soon either. B23, your rig is awesome looking! Had I thought on it longer when I bought the Ruger, I'd have done the Bmag like yours. Funny, but after this hunt, two of the guys have ordered them a Bmag ! They loved how the WSM shot.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts