175 Berger Elite Hunter Jump???

I've loaded them in 2 rifles - both 7 SAUMs as well. One likes them .010 off, the other at .040 off. The reamer we used has the lands at 3.1" almost on the dot. Would be perfect for an XM build.

My rifle with Norma brass is shooting them at 2,844 fps out of a 22" barrel and my buddies is 2,840 fps out of a 20" barrel with adg brass.

Here's a 5 shot group at 720 yards from my rifle. They have hammered everything we have shot with them as well.

You'll love them! Great combo.

Attachments

• E9D27371-B748-47F5-8B83-4F2E81E92677.jpeg
    E9D27371-B748-47F5-8B83-4F2E81E92677.jpeg
    825.9 KB · Views: 134
Where can a guy find them?
I'm also building a 7 saum and want those 175 begets but I cannot find them anywhere

This is how I run throats when customising a chamber.
Make up 3 dummy rounds with the bullet heal only below the neck shoulder juncture, then add .020". Have your smith work off these numbers. This is how all of my chambers are cut and I get very, very good groups.

Cheers.

.015 off in 7mm, 1/8.44 Proof Sendero. This year it took down 300 lb Aoudad 500 yds neck shoulder junction and 239 lb whitetail 80 yds behind shoulder. Both dropped and kicked a bit but never moved. Has worked well so far and easy to tune

The primers will be a challenge unless you use an authorized dealer with a hazmat license unless you do a face-to-face transaction.
I hear you. I have 4 customer rifles, all mags, that I need to do accuracy work for when the weather brakes. One of those guys is an outfitter friend just south of you. If someone wants to trade the primers can be shipped through a gun shop or obtain a hazmat label through UPS. My friend from Wyoming recently did this and sent me 4 jugs of h1000.

I shot the 175 elite hunter for years in my 7 Rum and accuracy and terminal performance was about as good as it gets. I ran them single feed at .012 off the lands, my chamber was cut for that bullet. If you can find some I think you will be happy with them. cheers, Jason

For those that have run the .284 175 Berger Eline Hunter bullets how much jump did they like? I'm trying to decide how much freebore I need. I'm building on a XM length action so 3.2" coal is max. I would like to target 3.1". My smith asked me to send him some dummy rounds that he will set the reamer for. So I loaded them right at 3.1" but I need to let him know if I want to jump them more than .01 which for a hunting rifle I usually like a .03 jump. Just curious what those bullets like usually.
You should never cut a throat for just one specific bullet. Next year could see brought out the newer, better, badder XXX Elite Whatever. Best would be to get info per your post, then add a few thou so you can shoot the new 180 supersonic Elite and have a matching mag length to allow for nack and forth. Then you just load the 175 you want now out just a tad to achieve the jump to lands you want now…..or load short for a lighter bullet you may want. Doing this will still give your max accuracy as you'll have to fine tune the depth no matter what.