175 Berger Elite Hunter Jump???

Colin78

For those that have run the .284 175 Berger Eline Hunter bullets how much jump did they like? I'm trying to decide how much freebore I need. I'm building on a XM length action so 3.2" coal is max. I would like to target 3.1". My smith asked me to send him some dummy rounds that he will set the reamer for. So I loaded them right at 3.1" but I need to let him know if I want to jump them more than .01 which for a hunting rifle I usually like a .03 jump. Just curious what those bullets like usually.

I have two rifles that I ahoot them in. Awesome bullet. Seems like a perfect bullet so far. One of my rifles is touching the lands the other is 0.012" off lands. These are the only two I use it in and have not tried in any others. Both are 7 saums.

They are not nearly as sensitive as vld's. I shoot them in my 284 win with .040 jump but they have shot good in 2 28 noslers I did load development on and they were different and didn't seem to mind where I set them. Great bullet with great terminal performance and different yardages.

39E1765E-2849-4264-B03D-A9B94313B2F3.jpeg

Found the target of the one at the lands. My notes on my phone show this at lands by the time I got to 0.040" it went to 0.5 moa and at 0.090" went to 1 moa