17 year olds budget build!!

ND243

Hey guys I have been a hunter and fisherman all my life. I'm always outdoors doing something. I'm also very competitive and I always want the best, but my budget won't allow me! I'm really big into archery competitions I've won state and have countless sponsors that pay for all my stuff which is really nice but now I'm in the been their done that kind of mood! So for the last two years I have been researching on what to buy that can fit in my budget! So finally the other day I went into a local store and I was going to order the rifle i wanted because I called them the day before and they didn't have it. Before I ordered it I was walking around and I see the rifle I want! It's a remington 700 sps varmint in 243. The exact one I wanted and they just got it that morning! So I picked it up:) so now the fun begins I ordered my vortex viper 6.5-20x44. i already got my rings and bases which are egw 20moa base a burris tactical rings!And a Don from greybull precision is sent me one of his old bell and Carlson stocks for free! What a great guy as that I wouldn't be able to afford one! My plans for this rifle is to have it be accurate to shoot paper and competitions but I also want to hunting with it so it can't weigh 20 pounds! So here it is guys it may not be the beat but its all i can afford, and I will update when I get it all set up!
2D4F65FB-AF7B-4DB4-B68F-FCB9F9482D03-9040-0000047671081427.jpg

Thanks! It took alot of work to get this rifle!! I work 70 hours a week 6-7 days a week paying of my car which I just did that's why I was able to but this gun! I can't wait till next summer to afford to put some things on it! I really want a dbm, recrown, action trued, fluted bolt, and badger bolt knob!! Oh and I want to get I painted I'm to scared to do it myself!! So hopefully I can't save up and get a few of those things!!

Thanks! It took alot of work to get this rifle!! I work 70 hours a week 6-7 days a week paying of my car which I just did that's why I was able to but this gun! I can't wait till next summer to afford to put some things on it! I really want a dbm, recrown, action trued, fluted bolt, and badger bolt knob!! Oh and I want to get I painted I'm to scared to do it myself!! So hopefully I can't save up and get a few of those things!!

I am not as old as a lot of the guys here, but it sure makes me smile to see a motivated young man such as yourself. I go to school with a lot of guys your age and they don't show half the initiative your talking about. Keep it going, very nice rifle and some great looking trophy's.

Good job bud. I know the stresses of being in archery tournaments. When I was a kid, I won the PA state championships 3yrs in a row. That was old school technology compared to what you got. Machined risers were just coming into vogue and extremely expensive. I shot with a Pearson Spoiler (last year and win at states) first generation. My first champ bow was a Martin Lynx (won 2 states with that). I developed target panic in my late teen years. My dad owned a bow shop, so supplies were easy. Now I can't afford much of that stuff. More interested in rifles.

So for your rifle, looks good. Look up on the internet on how to do a trigger adjustment. There are some good info sites that walk you through the process. As for painting... can't screw it up. Get a few different colors of Krylon camo paint and go to town. Here are a few pics of my paint jobs:
Newphonepics1-13-12014.jpg

Johnspics3-10-11025.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

Hey, im assumeing you are from ND from your username, if you dont mind me asking where in ND are you? Im 14 and from Dickinson. I also love hunting (deer with bow and rifle, pheasant, turkey, and about any thing else thats legal) and fishing. Some good looking bucks! Are you going deer hunting this weekend?

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.