17 WSM today sight in.

Ohlongarm

After having the entire action bedded and free floated I'm real happy with its performance. #1 50 yards ,20 and 25 grain all in one hole.#2 75 yards one flyer my error ,#3 100 yards one flyer my fault and four in one ragged hole. varmints beware.
2.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg

Would love to see pic/s of this "entire action bedded" work that turns a Bmag into a one hole shooter. There are many, many, Bmag owners/shooters that could really benefit from seeing pictures of your bedding job that truly does magical things to a Bmag.

All of the youtube videos on bedding a Bmag is only of bedding the barrel and maybe a couple drops in the rear, but that's far from bedding the entire action like yours is so how about some pics of the work done to yours???

I would also like some info if n the subject.

I have mine shooting pretty good, but am always looking for more.
Those flyers, I would say are possibly as much ammo as you. I can get some good groups going and their will be at least one that is wayyyy out.

I would also like some info if n the subject.

I have mine shooting pretty good, but am always looking for more.
Those flyers, I would say are possibly as much ammo as you. I can get some good groups going and their will be at least one that is wayyyy out.
Those flyers would have hit the target, i'm usually shooting which has four legs. i adjusted my trigger today and it breaks cleanly at 2lbs,I believe that may take care of the flyers. As it stands now the rifle is a 200 yard varmint getter in my hands. The work done improved it immensely.

If you were able to get the trigger down to a "breaks cleanly at 2lbs" you would have had to take the gun out of the stock and hand tune the trigger because the trigger in a Bmag WILL NOT adjust that light or break that clean, without hand tuning. Soooo did you take some pics of that full action bedding job and pillars you keep trying to shovel?

Your "fish story" just gets more full of BS with every post.

I have shot mine a fair bit. I may go 20-30 shots with no flyers. Then get into another box of ammo from the same lot and every other one seems to go out of any kind of group, flyer may be left,right,high or low. I have given up sorting ammo with any kind of return on my time doing so.

There are several people out there that have tried various rifles side by side,priced from several thousand to a few hundred dollars. End consensus is ammo is holding back as much as anything. Best groups were around 1/2" for high priced rigs, where the cheaper rigs best was about 5/8".

Chrono some ammo and you will see a fair bit of the problem, spreads are all over the place.

If you have this problem solved you may want to invest in a lotto ticket;-).
As mentioned next time you have to mess with the trigger snap a quick pick of the bedding. Did Kelblys maybe make you a new trigger so you could adjust it without removing from the stock?

Kelblys does not work on triggers,
I have shot mine a fair bit. I may go 20-30 shots with no flyers. Then get into another box of ammo from the same lot and every other one seems to go out of any kind of group, flyer may be left,right,high or low. I have given up sorting ammo with any kind of return on my time doing so.

There are several people out there that have tried various rifles side by side,priced from several thousand to a few hundred dollars. End consensus is ammo is holding back as much as anything. Best groups were around 1/2" for high priced rigs, where the cheaper rigs best was about 5/8".

Chrono some ammo and you will see a fair bit of the problem, spreads are all over the place.

As mentioned next time you have to mess with the trigger snap a quick pick of the bedding. Did Kelblys maybe make you a new trigger so you could adjust it without removing from the stock?
No i did my own adjustment,no pics forthcoming,as the clown mentioned above bs23 its all BS anyway,but I can forward Ian Kelblys number to you and he'll explain it to you.All i know is I can hit the varmints i aim at,and it works for me,good luck with yours.If you check the bmag manual you'll see the trigger mechanism is easily accessible,and no need to remove the stock to adjust the accutrigger,very simple,took me less than two minutes.

Last edited:

No Savage made it so that wasn't necessary.

You can spin the little adjuster wheel all you want, a Bmag trigger will not adjust down to 2lbs and it certainly won't break clean, without some hand tuning. Just more flat out lies from Capt BS.

You can spin the little adjuster wheel all you want, a Bmag trigger will not adjust down to 2lbs and it certainly won't break clean, without some hand tuning. Just more flat out lies from Capt BS.
Hey they're missing you at Chad city,so you need to leave this site,no room here for amateur hour participants. Since you've got all life's answers to everything,go troll somewhere else.Apparently you know very little about the accutrigger,can go down to mere ounces ,if you know how to do it,2lbs suits me just fine.

Hey they're missing you at Chad city,so you need to leave this site,no room here for amateur hour participants. Since you've got all life's answers to everything,go troll somewhere else.Apparently you know very little about the accutrigger,can go down to mere ounces ,if you know how to do it,2lbs suits me just fine.
A simple spring change and the weight can go down to 1.5 pounds on the accutrigger. I have changed the spring on all my accutriggers to lighten them up. While they aren't amazing like a high end bix or trigger tech they work well for a $6 upgrade

there is the link for the light spring. So yeah 2 lbs is easy enough.

Couple things, the Savage Bmag accutrigger is not like the one on their centerfires and it's also not like the one on the Model 93 rimfire. Again, we are talking about the Savage Bmag, not a Savage CF, even in that link, in bold print, Note: This will only work in centerfire rifles with the accu-trigger system installed. It is not compatible with any rimfire models.

Also, I didn't say you couldn't get the trigger down to 2lbs on a Bmag I said you can't get it down to 2lbs without spending some time tuning on it and that'll require taking it out of the stock and if you are going to take it out of the stock then there will be no problem posting some pictures of this fictitious full action bedding job.

Couple things, the Savage Bmag accutrigger is not like the one on their centerfires and it's also not like the one on the Model 93 rimfire. Again, we are talking about the Savage Bmag, not a Savage CF, even in that link, in bold print, Note: This will only work in centerfire rifles with the accu-trigger system installed. It is not compatible with any rimfire models.

Also, I didn't say you couldn't get the trigger down to 2lbs on a Bmag I said you can't get it down to 2lbs without spending some time tuning on it and that'll require taking it out of the stock and if you are going to take it out of the stock then there will be no problem posting some pictures of this fictitious full action bedding job.
Never thought I would see a member here get the ignore button. Congratulations you've earned it

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.