17 wsm AR15

mustfish

Just looked at a YouTube video on the Franklin Armory 17wsm AR15. Very very pricey for a rimfire AR but looks very interesting. I might give this round a couple more years to mature and if things are going well I might spring for one. I also read a review on "Truth about guns" about the 17wsm AR.

I got to shoot the HS Precision prototype just this month! This was a single shot but they are working on repeaters. It was saweet! The round is infrickin devastating on prairie dogs and I do believe it will take down much larger critters. It's the 17HMR on steroids! I have also looked at the Franklin AR and videos and like what I see there. Ammo here is getting plentiful and I see lots of on line ads for it. As time goes forward, I believe the ammo will get even better, but even now it is very accurate! The drawback for the HMR is the thin case. Not so with the WSM. It will not rupture in an AR or the Volquartsen 10/22 style they make. And Savage makes a good one too!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.