17 Hornet early morning score.

Ohlongarm

Young female succumbed to turkey distress call, took her in the spine where fur is ruffled, dropped DRT, first time, I actually saw signs of a hit with the tiny round.
Easy shot about 75 yards, had to shoot faster than usual, or she'd been in heavy cover, hence the weird shot placement.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    566.5 KB · Views: 134
Nice, what rifle are you using? I sold my call several years ago and have not hunted in a couple years. Looking to get back into it and need too start looking at calls again and see what's out their.

Nice, what rifle are you using? I sold my call several years ago and have not hunted in a couple years. Looking to get back into it and need too start looking at calls again and see what's out their.
CZ 527 American , I love the rifle , am thinking of an aftermarket barrel however. I believe it has the potential to shoot much better, however I've missed very few intended targets.

Who makes barrels for them? Are you talking about a blank and somebody chambering it to the action?

Who makes barrels for them? Are you talking about a blank and somebody chambering it to the action?
Exactly, I've talked to Pac -Nor, Lilja so far, and this week to Kelblys , about half an hour from me. Pac-Nor can do the job from start to finish, Lilja can do the barrel and have his referral do the rest, Kelbly wants to see the rifle and will give me an answer .

That is a tuff call. I have delt with Kelbys for years and they are top notch people to deal with. Many years ago they would only work on their actions. When I would have a rifle built I would always go and pick it up. They have a nice place. The other 2 make fine barrels and sounds like Pac-Nor is up and running again. I have a friend that has the same rifle and loves it. Do you reload for it?

That is a tuff call. I have delt with Kelbys for years and they are top notch people to deal with. Many years ago they would only work on their actions. When I would have a rifle built I would always go and pick it up. They have a nice place. The other 2 make fine barrels and sounds like Pac-Nor is up and running again. I have a friend that has the same rifle and loves it. Do you reload for it?
I do not , if Jim Kelbly can do it I'll go with him, their reputation is fabulous and I'm a club member. They built my 17 WSM the way savage should have for peanuts and it was a real shooter, however I moved it on for the increase in power offered by the 17 hornet. as soon as Jim looks at the rifle he'll give me an answer , headed down there Tuesday , about half an hour from me.

Nice that you are that close. They are over a 3 hour drive from me. I will be curious to the out come of it. Are you going to keep it in the same stock and who makes reamers for it?

Nice that you are that close. They are over a 3 hour drive from me. I will be curious to the out come of it. Are you going to keep it in the same stock and who makes reamers for it?
I don't have a clue about the reamers, as far as the stock we'll see what the builder of it thinks.