.17 Hmr Cz

I guess that I have to be the one that gets the lemon. I bought a .17 HMR CZ American. The store was about to close so I did not get a chance to put the bolt in the action. The gun looked OK so I bought it. When I got home I found that I could hardly get the bolt to close. The clip lips were too high and blocked the bolt. The bolt did not fit the gun very well and feeding was not the best. I had to force the bolt closed.

Since that time I have filed the clip lips down to clear the bolt and used Friction Block on the action and just opened and closed the bolt until it would work somewhat smoothly.

The test target was 1.5" and this is what it shot. After several hundred shots it is now shooting around 1" at 100 yds. I thought that I was buying a quality rimfire but I did not get one. My Marlin shot .600 five shot groups at 100 yds. from the start. My best group with the Marlin was 1/8".

I have learned from this lesson that you always put the gun together before you buy. My wife bought a Marlin .17 MII from the same store. Before she paid I took the gun out of the box and discovered that the stock was broken in half at the wrist. Imagine the hassle if she had taken it home before looking at it.

Tom

Hi There- i don't know if your interested but im selling my HMR- here is a list of mod's

Sako Quad action
Green Mountain target barrel
Spiral fluted and black inner fluting painted
Diamond lapped barrel to mirror finish and re-crowned / inspected and polished under a micro scope!!
trigger completely re-set up and honed
metal cocking bolt made (plastic thrown away)
original stock now truly fully floating- light filing on inner sections
Now shoots sub 1" @ 200 yards using Federal V Shock-
30mm rings - highest quality also fitted and included- my Nightforce is not for sale
This is for sale for $1400. + shipping or free collection

:)Any of you fellas that want to get rid of peices of junk can send them to me.

The only i have right now is the scout model i bought for my daughter.This thing is a shooter!

New to y'alls forum, here is my version of the CZ 453 with fluted barrel, and target.

WeaveradaptorandZrings.jpg

Dimetarget.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.