.17 AI Hornet

Brian Rybicky

Has anyone here had an experince with caliber, what kind of accuracy and velocity are you getting, hows loud is it, is it good coyote medicine?

Thanks,
Brian

I don't have one, but a buddy of mine does. Great little coyote round from what he's told me. He killed a Mountain lion with it a couple of years ago.

I have a buddy with one. Shooting 1/4" 5 shot groups at 100 yards. Getting around 3900 fps I believe. It is in a Ruger 77/22 hornet rebarreld with a shilen barrel

Are 20gr. bullets the bullet of choice among most 17's. I have recently aquired a 17 fireball and was wondering what kind of distance to expect from one of these 17's

I think 250 yards is about the max for coyotes. Ground hogs/ rockchucks you might be able to squeez out 300 or 350. Ground squirrels and P Dog I but if you can dope the wind 400 yards. Don't take much to explode a pdog.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.