169gr Hammer Hunter in 7 STW

I use the 169 hammers in my 28 Nosler with about 80.5 gr retumbo. Very accurate load getting over 3200 FPS. Similar case capacity.

I run the 143 & 177 gr Hammer Hunters using RL26. Let me know if you want my load data. And,somewhere around 80 gr should be just fine with H1000
Hello,i just had an 8 twist barrel put on my stw.curious on ur loads for the hammer bullet
.i have h-1000,retumbo,r-22,r-26,r-25&r-33 powder on hand to those from.thanks

What was your start load to ur max load with r-26?
Never hit pressure with the 143, but was at 3550 and knew that it was getting close since the primer was showing slight flattening.
mill have to look up where I started for both and where max was with the 177.

Never hit pressure with the 143, but was at 3550 and knew that it was getting close since the primer was showing slight flattening.
mill have to look up where I started for both and where max was with the 177.
Ok,i was thinking of starting at 71 and mabey to 75 with r26 watching for pressure sighns

I've not used the 169 hammer bullet, but 168 match kings in front of 75 gr of r-25. I've since moved to R-26 and dabbling with R-33 using 175 & 190 gr matrix hunting bullets. I need to bring it to my next Texas pig hunt. Tall stands and feeders on timers
Looking for a starting load with 190gr and RL 33 but can't find anything. Can you give me a good starting reference. Thank you.

I have wildcat rifles like my 7stw which was made before it became a commercial caliber. So I can stick in a off the shelf and it fire forms to my straighter case which actually holds a few grains more powder. I also have a 28 inch barrel.

So you can look at loads of another powder next to yours on a burn rate chart to figure out yours from a same volume case and caliber. So being able to extrapolate out from existing data is how you do unknowns.

So below is a 175 grain and 85.7 gr of r33. You could start by loading say 79.0, 80.0 , 80.5......... and look at the pressure signs with your 190's. Then you pull the bullets that have too much powder. Then you do chrono and accuracy bench rest days.

My rifle is too different to give specifics and a 190 from one manufacture might run 2 grains differently from bullet "B"

7mm Shooting Times WesternerSpeer 175 gr SPRemington3.624Fed 215Reloder 3385.73,033
-​

My uncle used to be known as one of the wilder boys of Wilder!. I got a speeding ticket there years ago and I would tend to think that they were all crooks there 30 years ago