169 Gr Hammer Hunter at longish distance

I don't know if you meant "education" as meaning I was being rude. If so, it wasn't my intention at all. I'm just explaining my way of choosing what bullet I wanted to use.

If you read Butterbeans posts, he does the opposite of me. He takes light for caliber hammers and pushes them really fast to get his desired effect. Is his way better than mine? I don't really know nor does it really matter. It works for him and others and I'm glad it does.

We all have to make a bullet choice and we have to make it work for our desired application. I imagine that these hammer bullets will work for many applications.
X-2

I'm just stating that it seems like folks take Bergers BC numbers as the Gospel, I have never had any advertised BC match up perfectly
Hammers are only the most recent to have BC challenges. I'll show my age and remember when the complaints were about Sierra. Absent social media however.

Again Hammer being the only one I recall stating BC's were a rough guide from their experience, hopefully to get folks started developing their own chart.

I have literally seen people with a labradar or a magneto speed right in front of them and they are sitting there changing their velocity to make their drops match because the BC CANT be wrong!! And they were changing it 50 FPS or more. That's an awful lot of wasted money on a chrono if you don't believe what it's telling you.

I don't know if you meant "education" as meaning I was being rude. If so, it wasn't my intention at all. I'm just explaining my way of choosing what bullet I wanted to use.

If you read Butterbeans posts, he does the opposite of me. He takes light for caliber hammers and pushes them really fast to get his desired effect. Is his way better than mine? I don't really know nor does it really matter. It works for him and others and I'm glad it does.

We all have to make a bullet choice and we have to make it work for our desired application. I imagine that these hammer bullets will work for many applications.
Not at all. I was being serious. Like I said I just got it and only turn it on to make sure it was charged. I'm not an expert reloader and appreciate learning from those that are.

I got some 177's to try in my wife's rifle if a different bullet I'm trying doesn'twork out. It's also a 7 max, but a 7.5 twist 20" Krieger 4 groove. Hoping to get good velocity, and hoping the bc is close or as good as stated. The last 12 elk that myself, my wife, or my close hunting buddies have taken, the closest has been 550 yards, then the rest fell between 703 and 1002. At those ranges, bc does matter significantly in wind, so I'm hoping it's close.