168gr VLD Hunting 300WM Recipes

coues7

I've already searched and haven't really found anything for the 168gr Berger VLD Hunting bullet and the 300WM. Anyone have a good recipe with rifle specs?

Thanks,

Scott

I cannot remember the load but 7828 gave me good results when shooting a 168gn VLD.may have been around 73gn if I am right.sold the rifel that I shoot this load out of.so remembering the load is hard.

sorry for the little help.

I have a 168 VLD 300Win Mag load that runs 3100 fps out of a 24" barrelled Savage 116. The load is 76.5 gr of RL22 with bullet touching rifiling. I use Remington brass that is neck turned and Fed 215GM Mag primers. If I remember correctly the ES was around 20 fps. Don't have COAL measurement with me right now. The load produces .5 to .75 MOA accuracy and seems to get better the farther I shoot. I need to work up a load with Hodgdon Extreme powder and 190VLD's, this will be much better ballistically.

I'd shoot the 190gr VLD's but we don't have any locally and I have a very short window to find a load for my hunt......thus the 168gr's because they are available.

sent an email to BERGER at 8:30 am today, info for 168 VLD in 300 WM, got response at 2:00 pm ! That's FAST ! Walt is great to deal with.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.