168gr Nosler ABLR data

cavtrooper94

Anybody been able to work up any load data for the Nosler 168gr ABLR in a 7mm Rem Mag. I ordered some today and want to use them in my Savage 111 LRH. I prefer Hogdon powders but not opposed to Alliant. Would like to reach 3000 fps. Thanks

Easily done with Win Mag Primer, H1000, Retumbo, and the old standby H4831. Load till you see pressure and back off 1.5 gr.. Retumbo will yield the most velocity. Load books are waaay downloaded for this cartridge. If you must have a book use the old first gen series. They do pre date Retumbo.

Easily done with Win Mag Primer, H1000, Retumbo, and the old standby H4831. Load till you see pressure and back off 1.5 gr.. Retumbo will yield the most velocity. Load books are waaay downloaded for this cartridge. If you must have a book use the old first gen series. They do pre date Retumbo.

Ive got Retumbo on hand. Its what I prefer to use.

Savage Custom 110. Walnut stock Redfield Revenge Varmint scope.
Right at 3000fps (don't have a chrony) from a 1-9 Twist 26" Criterion barrel. Shot extremely well. Three shots=.25"
Norma Brass, CCI MAG Primer 3.260" COAL. Just quit looking for any other load after this one.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.