168 Berger Classic Hunters

I have had excellent accuracy results with RE25 and 180 Bergers, but as others have pointed out be aware it is temperature sensitive. 7828 SSC also shot good and gave a little higher velocities. Just be aware that 7828 SSC and 7828 are not the same and don't use load data for 7828 to load 7828 SSC. Ramshot Magnum is also a good one I've had excellent results with and is a nice ball powder to work with; but I don't see it on your list.
Turkeys and TSS reloading takes up my spring time. Finally getting back to the 7mmSTW project. Just wondering if you might be shooting those 180gr Bergers through a 9:1 twist barrel? Curious to see what is the heaviest bullet that will stabilize in my 26" Brux 9 twist barrel. I have acquired 3 more pounds of RE25.

Last edited:
I have had excellent accuracy results with RE25 and 180 Bergers, but as others have pointed out be aware it is temperature sensitive. 7828 SSC also shot good and gave a little higher velocities. Just be aware that 7828 SSC and 7828 are not the same and don't use load data for 7828 to load 7828 SSC. Ramshot Magnum is also a good one I've had excellent results with and is a nice ball powder to work with; but I don't see it on your list.

Have you seen a rough difference between 7828ssc and regular, in grains, for this cartridge?

Recent Posts