165 Grain Barnes TSX and 300 Win Mag Loads

Issue, up here in the cold north RL-22 is temperature sensitive, this does become an issue as I develop loads in the summer (+24 C ) and shoot in the fall down to (-36C ) My standby load was 75.0 grs RL-22 behind a 180 gr Accubond. The question of the day should be is RL-23 better for temperature sensitivity?? I love working with RL-22. gun)

Double Dropper, I use RL-22 for my Elk hunting load in .340 Weatherby. I have also read in numerous places that RL-22 is temp sensitive. Have you personally experienced the different velocities you get at YOUR temperature extremes ? Just wondering if you were able to chronograph your load at +24 C and same load at -36 C and see what the difference is in the velocity ?

NO cold weather chrono no but hope to rectify that soon lol, but have noticed point of impact changes, love the powder but this concerns me, its not alot but when you are committed to shoot up to 500 yards its enough, I am experimenting with RL-26 as well.

NO cold weather chrono no but hope to rectify that soon lol, but have noticed point of impact changes, love the powder but this concerns me, its not alot but when you are committed to shoot up to 500 yards its enough, I am experimenting with RL-26 as well.

I no longer use RL-22 and have since changed to RL-19 (since my recent post). My groups have been cut in half, and have the same velocity (in the .340 Weatherby). I think that the RL-19 is also temp sensitive, but have never really chronographed any loads in temp extremes that you have. I don't ever plan to shoot past 400 yards, so I am not sure if it matters. My last two years, both shots have been under 100 yards. The ranch I hunt is pretty thick, max range would be 200 yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.