16.5” 6.5 prc? build

Way to stick to your desire for the 16.5" barrel. As mentioned by another person, I've always regretted it when I let myself get convinced by someone else to buy something other than what I knew I wanted in the first place.

Way to stick to your desire for the 16.5" barrel. As mentioned by another person, I've always regretted it when I let myself get convinced by someone else to buy something other than what I knew I wanted in the first place.
Thanks dude after someone mentioned that I knew they were right and that I'd regret it or constantly be thinking about what the shorty was like lol I just hope it all works out like I'm hoping it will.

Got my 16.5" 6.5 saum in the mail today! Here's a comparison next to my 26" (+ brake) 300 Norma. Can't wait to shoot this bad lil b1tch unfortunately gotta wait to start load development until next weekend (waiting on scope and dies) already lovin how short and handy it feels. Fingers crossed it throws up good numbers and shoots straight

Attachments

• D17502B4-8628-4329-BD0C-A9F9BFF35FE6.jpeg
    D17502B4-8628-4329-BD0C-A9F9BFF35FE6.jpeg
    374.3 KB · Views: 100
Got my 16.5" 6.5 saum in the mail today! Here's a comparison next to my 26" (+ brake) 300 Norma. Can't wait to shoot this bad lil b1tch unfortunately gotta wait to start load development until next weekend (waiting on scope and dies) already lovin how short and handy it feels. Fingers crossed it throws up good numbers and shoots straight

Nice! You should show a pic with the supressor on it.

Any reports on how the rifle us shooting? Velocities?

Any reports on how the rifle us shooting? Velocities?
I've shot roughly 20 rounds thru it in one quick little trip with a buddy. He brought his chrono but it had dead batteries lol so I wasn't able to get any velocities. As far as shootability goes it's really nice. Super short and very little recoil. I think my 18" 6.5 creedmoor has the same recoil. I only loaded up pressure tests to shoot also. I tried imr 4350, h4350 and retumbo. Didn't hit any noticeable pressure with the imr but also stopped at 55gr. H4350 I went to 56gr and only at 56gr did I get a little ejector mark on the brass (no heavy lift). The retumbo hit pressure at 58 or 59gr but I think that's just way too slow of a powder for this cartridge in this barrel length. I wish I had velocities but like I said his chrono was left on on accident and was dead. My same buddy has some hodgdon h4831 for me to try next time out. I was planning on shooting hammer bullets out of this rig but I might stick with these 143 eldx if they shoot good. Didn't shoot any groups since the loads were just pressure tests. Just started huckin bullets at a couple rock faces at 580 and 945 yards. Impacts on both with guesstimated velocities in my hornady app. So far I'm really happy with it but I need to get back to loading and shooting it. Had covid last week so just laid low. I'll probably try and shoot this next weekend when I have another 3 day weekend.

I've shot roughly 20 rounds thru it in one quick little trip with a buddy. He brought his chrono but it had dead batteries lol so I wasn't able to get any velocities. As far as shootability goes it's really nice. Super short and very little recoil. I think my 18" 6.5 creedmoor has the same recoil. I only loaded up pressure tests to shoot also. I tried imr 4350, h4350 and retumbo. Didn't hit any noticeable pressure with the imr but also stopped at 55gr. H4350 I went to 56gr and only at 56gr did I get a little ejector mark on the brass (no heavy lift). The retumbo hit pressure at 58 or 59gr but I think that's just way too slow of a powder for this cartridge in this barrel length. I wish I had velocities but like I said his chrono was left on on accident and was dead. My same buddy has some hodgdon h4831 for me to try next time out. I was planning on shooting hammer bullets out of this rig but I might stick with these 143 eldx if they shoot good. Didn't shoot any groups since the loads were just pressure tests. Just started huckin bullets at a couple rock faces at 580 and 945 yards. Impacts on both with guesstimated velocities in my hornady app. So far I'm really happy with it but I need to get back to loading and shooting it. Had covid last week so just laid low. I'll probably try and shoot this next weekend when I have another 3 day weekend.
Right on man I built a 16" 6.5 saum last year, it's awesome with my 9" suppressor literally comfortable to shoot without ear pro.
Im getting 2925 with 144 bergers using RL26
If you can get sone RL26 it's the powder you want with a shorty saum.

Right on man I built a 16" 6.5 saum last year, it's awesome with my 9" suppressor literally comfortable to shoot without ear pro.
Im getting 2925 with 144 bergers using RL26
If you can get sone RL26 it's the powder you want with a shorty saum.
You're the first person with an identical build to say what you're rifle liked for powder. THANKS! I'll definitely keep on the lookout for rl26 or something in that burn range. Thanks again buddy!