15x binos

Robby20

Best 15x binos less than $1500. I've been looking at the UHD Razors, Kaibab, BX-5's. Or should I just save up longer and buy the Swaros.

I have the BX-5's and I absolutely love them.
I'm sure the swarovski's would be fabulous, but I think the leupold's are where it's at.

Euro Instict is Meopta and the are the next best thing to the Swaro's, actually have better color to my eyes.

This year on a Colorado hunt my buddy ponied up and got the swaro's. Least to say that is my plan now to save up for them. One thing with the 15x's though they are a little challenging to glass without a rest... I think most know it, but ideally set em up on a tripod.
Just my two cents.

Stop messing around with those 15x's😳

Attachments

• F3E65754-AB6C-4555-BB44-15B74F441390.jpeg
    F3E65754-AB6C-4555-BB44-15B74F441390.jpeg
    894.1 KB · Views: 207
In that price range the Meopta Meostars are by far the best deal. I've been hunting with the B1s now for a couple of years. For $1200ish they were hands down the best. They are comparable to the previous generation Swaros before the SLCs went to the HD glass. I think that Sports Optics has the new B1 Plus for $1350ish after their 16% discount. These glasses are built in a country that we have a monetary advantage over so we are getting goods from them at a very good price. If the Meostars were built in a country where the Euro is used they would be substantially more expensive.

Last edited:
I use my credit card rewards to save up to purchase a set of Swarovski 10 x 50. Presently working Annealing Made Perfect with points. Just about there. Use a Tripod with Swarovski. Sit down and let it do the walking for you. You see a lot more using them than all the walk you can do. The best is not disturbing the animals in the area. Spot and Stock!

Swarovski's are nice, I glassed off a tripod and quality pan head with them along side the HD 15X Kaibab's for a few days before going for the Kaibabs. The Swaro's are ergonomically nicer and are clearer at dawn and dusk. I got the vortex for 800 bucks and used the saved money for something else. It just depends on how often you will use them, For me I hunt with 10x42's most of the time

I have the 15X Swarovski and they the best hunting related purchase I have made. I've looked through other 15X and compared my 10X Swarovski to multiple other binoculars as well. Everyone's eyes are different and you may find another glass to be as good or possibly better than Swarovski.
There are 3 benefits for Swarovski beyond clarity of glass that provide extra value.
#1 customer service is arguably better and more reliable than any other optics manufacturer. There may be other manufacturers that have excellent customer service right now but I think Swarovski is more likely to have quality customer service in 5 or even 20 years.

#2 Swarovski creates durable products so you are less likely to need the customer service than some other manufacturers. Even if you have excellent customer service and they will overnight UPS new optics, you will still not have functional optics for a couple days of what could be a very important hunt. I've heard stories of guys waiting on warranty optics for months which could be an entire hunting season. The best warranty is the one you never need to use.

#3 Resale- Swarovski has had the best resale value of any optics manufacture. If you decide to resale them in 5 or even 20 years you will likely get a higher % of original resale than any other optics manufacturer

With that said, Swarovski may not be the best 15X for you but if you can afford them, Swarovski is a safe choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts