15x binocular upgrade

gjk5

thinking about upgrading my tripod binoculars just not sure it is worth it.

Currently have Kaibabs on an Outdoorsman tripod with pan and pistol grip, which is an awesome combo but wondering if it is worth it to upgrade one step or just keep what I have. I have had it head to head with a half dozen pairs of Swaro and Zeiss and it is not in the same league but still a pretty good value, just wondering if there is a "mid tier" contender worth looking at.

Meopta or Maven seem to be the two in that next step price range. Anything else of quality is going to be $2K plus (Swaro or Zeiss)

Am I missing any manufacturers? Or should I just shut up and use the gear I have LOL.

Meopta has outstanding reviews. Are you military? They give one heck of a discount. Enough that it would make up your mind for you.

I have the Meopta 10x42 HD, 15x56 HD, and the Meostar 20-70×82 Spotter. I have thousands of hours behind them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. Put them up against Swaro 15x56 HD, and the only place the Swaro beat them was the outer 5% of the edges. I actually like the color better in the Meoptas too.

what are you using them for?
birdwatching?

kidding. Glassing from tripod, elk and Muley, primarily in W. CO

I have the Meopta 10x42 HD, 15x56 HD, and the Meostar 20-70×82 Spotter. I have thousands of hours behind them. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. Put them up against Swaro 15x56 HD, and the only place the Swaro beat them was the outer 5% of the edges. I actually like the color better in the Meoptas too.

so sounds like a decent upgrade from the Kaibabs, if it is only a couple few hundred to move up I will, I will check with local shop tomorrow.

Huge step up from Kaibabs. I have looked through those for about an hour, and had some eye strain. I can glass 10 hours behind the Meoptas with 0 eye strain.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.