155gr Berger's in my 30-06

backwoods hunter

Just wanted to start out buy saying hi fellas. This is my first post on this forum.
I tried some 155gr. Berger's in my 30-06 today and the results were great. The rifle is a win. 1885 high-wall with a 28in tube. My favorite rifle. At 200 yds they shot under a group you can cover with a dime. At 500 yds it shot a group you can cover with a quarter. Probably even better with someone else behind the gun. But needless to say I'm very happy with these bullets!

Just wanted to start out buy saying hi fellas. This is my first post on this forum.
I tried some 155gr. Berger's in my 30-06 today and the results were great. The rifle is a win. 1885 high-wall with a 28in tube. My favorite rifle. At 200 yds they shot under a group you can cover with a dime. At 500 yds it shot a group you can cover with a quarter. Probably even better with someone else behind the gun. But needless to say I'm very happy with these bullets!

Welcome aboard,

That souds like very good shooting to me. You should put it away now and just tell stories about how good it is.:D

Steve

No needed to experiment with loads then, as thats remarkable shooting @ 500yds. How many flyers is that not counting. Good shooting: sierras new 155 sound good to, but why switch now.

The only other bullets i have shot in it were hornady 150gr. SST and inter bond. The gun shoots them very well to. I never explored any passed that. I shot the SST right off the bat and stuck with them for all may playing and groundhog hunting (CHEAP bullets). I used the inter bond's for all my big game hunting. I do this with a lot of my guns because both bullets shoot the same. Same power, primer, ect. That way I don't even have to re-sight in my gun. With the hornady bullet i was getting about a 2 1/2, 3 shot group at 500 yards. My high wall is the commemorative 06, Because it was the only one i could find at the time.

If you are going to deer hunt use those Berger's. I shot a deer with a 155 VLD out of my 308 last year and you would not believe what it did to that deer. Exit hole the size of a baseball in offside shoulder. The vitals were soup. Oh! They shoot little bitty groups also.:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.