1500yd plus pdog results

Ric,

The legs are just those on your bench. They are steel and are adjustable. Weight is not an issue. Maybe I'll just try the two layers of particle board and go test it out before going to all the trouble of capping the legs and filling them w/shot. No need to fix it if it ain't broke!!!

Thanks for all the help and insight on this one guys. As I'm sure you can tell from the amount of time I've spent on this board this weekend, I'm currently under house arrest waiting for the baby to be born. I've been thinking way too much over the past few days.

Don't use particle board. MDF is much heavier, provides a smooth surface and will not abosorb moisture as readily as particle board. Trust me on this one, I have a degree in Forestry, and I used to build speaker boxes. MDF is the only way to go if you want added stability. Routers will work very well to round off the edges too. MDF will cut your fingers easily on fresh cut edges so round them off with a router. Use carriage bolts or recess the bolt heads to keep the top surface flush. If you use more than two layers, you can recess a level into your table on the oft side to make sure your table is level.

Depending on what type of rest you are using, you can use the router to remove MDF from where you intend to place your benchrest and inlay balsa or another soft, light wood. It will receive your benchrest feet very well, and is easily remove when worn out and replaced.

jm2c

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.