150 gr 6.5 smk's for hunting effectiveness?

I'm going to try 150 smk in my 6.5 stw. Just went through some 147 eldms got pretty descent results but used Hornady brass. What a nightmare. Primer pockets are already getting lose after 2 firings. I'm such a big Hornady fan but that BC is hard to ignore

Why in the world would anyone use a MATCH bullet for hunting purposes....?
With all the best all copper/Bonded hunting bullets out there, WHY use a target bullet on Big Game/Moderate game...…..Michael T.

Why in the world would anyone use a MATCH bullet for hunting purposes....?
With all the best all copper/Bonded hunting bullets out there, WHY use a target bullet on Big Game/Moderate game...…..Michael T.

I use, and have had good success with both designs. Not all Match bullets are created equal. There are several examples that perform exceptionally well on game across a wide range of distances. I have been using a few match grade bullets on game for many years. They are well proven in terms of terminal performance on game with numerous animals successfully harvested. Additionally they exhibit ballistic qualities and accuracy that is generally superior to the classic hunting bullets. IMO, all these factors combined can extend my effective range and improve the chances of a good clean kill!
Shown: JLK 142gr Match VLD from my 6.5x284 recovered from under far hide of a 500 yard DRT mule deer. 65% retained weight.
710CCA85-0684-4D16-A518-616262738EF6.jpeg 9F1EE872-409B-4B99-958F-A6FD4959FF4A.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.