15 vs 15i differences?

Kobra

In reviewing the below threads I see the "i" models are pretty close to a AR receiver but have some dimensional differences in places like the trigger pocket.

Is the buffer tube threaded the same? From reading it appears like it might be.

My question is from a compatability standpoint using the 15/AR receiver (vs 15i) probably is better to transfer any potential new products over to the crossbow - triggers, safeties, grips, etc??

Sorry I can't leave anything stock - its an affliction I guess

Just my 2 cents worth. If I were doing it over again, I would buy the non-integrated version, and buy new lower for the 15 to go on.

The bow part of the 15i is bolted onto PSE's version of the lower. Because of the bolts, it is harder to gain access to the parts you want to work on.

Just my 2 cents worth. If I were doing it over again, I would buy the non-integrated version, and buy new lower for the 15 to go on.

The bow part of the 15i is bolted onto PSE's version of the lower. Because of the bolts, it is harder to gain access to the parts you want to work on.

Exactly what I was wondering but wasn't sure how much PSE adhered to known AR specs

wasn't sure how much PSE adhered to known AR specs

I know the "fit" of the TAC 15 "upper" is milspec so it fits all milspec AR15 lowers but I don't know about the rest of the parts.

If you can compose a thorough question on the matter, I will pass it on to the TAC 15 engineering team.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.