147 eld-m seating depth

fisherman983

Has anyone noticed if there's a genaric jump these bullets seem to like off the lands. Bought some to try in my 264 win mag and there isn't much data out there for them..

I've had good luck at .020" off with several different ELD-M and X bullets in different calibers.

Thanks. Maybe I should run some 147's out of my RBROS 6.5x47. Bought a few boxes to try in my Sherman.

Tagging in.

My 264WM is long throated for the 140gr Berger/142gr ABLR.

Am yet to even see a box of RDF's here. I want to try them too.

May give them a try in the 6.5x47 if they work in my 264WM.

What overall length are the 147gr ELD-M's?

It might be a choice I haven't looked at yet.

Cheers.
:)

Tagging in.

My 264WM is long throated for the 140gr Berger/142gr ABLR.

Am yet to even see a box of RDF's here. I want to try them too.

May give them a try in the 6.5x47 if they work in my 264WM.

What overall length are the 147gr ELD-M's?

It might be a choice I haven't looked at yet.

Cheers.
I dont jave the exact numbers but just looking at them side by side on my bench next to a 140 vld, they are a little longer.
What reamer did you use? Or did you design a few dummy cases and have it built of of that? Just curious as the last Smith I used, got a sammi reamer and my throat is pretty short and dont want that to happen again

I dont jave the exact numbers but just looking at them side by side on my bench next to a 140 vld, they are a little longer.
What reamer did you use? Or did you design a few dummy cases and have it built of of that? Just curious as the last Smith I used, got a sammi reamer and my throat is pretty short and dont want that to happen again
I throated my own chamber with a separate throating reamer. I always do this with my match chambers. Throat measures .220" so I can still use all the VLD/Hybrids without encroaching on the powder space.

I recently bought a Win Model 70 EW in 264WM for a lightweight hunting rig, it had a very short SAAMI throat of .060". I throated it to the same .220" for VLD/Hybrids from Berger/Nosler/Hornady in the 3.4" mag of the Winchester, it just happened to work out that way.

I also bought a Win Model 70 EW in 338WM at the same time, it too had a short throat, so I lengthened that as well.
Couldn't even get to mag length with that throat length.

Don't know what's going on with these Barco made rifles, would have preferred the US made models, but none are to be had here.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.